VSL rolls out the green carpet
- Only recycled paper is used in our office.
- Energy efficient light bulbs are being used throughout the property.
- We irrigate the grounds and landscaping with gray water.
- We have installed air conditioning devices that have sensors which switch off after fifteen (15) minutes of leaving the room.
- Solar water heaters have been installed.
- The guestroom attendants have been trained to set the air conditioning devices to 25 degrees Celsius once they have cleaned a room, allowing less energy to be consumed.
- Each room has a Fun Reminder Card to encourage all guests to close all windows and doors when the air conditioner is in use.
- Our towel reuse programme is very much in-effect, guests are encouraged to place towels on the floor if in need of replacement.
- We train all employees to turn off all lights in areas of the hotel that are not in use.
- We re-use some of the landscape trimmings as fertilizer and to reduce the amount of water evaporation from around the plant roots.
- We have setup our own herb and vegetable garden to not only deliver the freshest ingredients to the table but to reduce the carbon footprint on the environment.
- The property harvests rainwater in cisterns for its daily use.
- All of the vegetables and fruits skins are used for our gardening compost.
- We have a backyard garden, which produces fresh herbs for the kitchen
- We adhere to the closed season for conch and lobster.
- As a result of a grant from the European Union and administered by the Caribbean Export Development Agency, the property now has a Grid-Tied Photovoltaic (PV) System that allows for partial generation of its electricity needs.
Partial funding for the installation of the property’s Grid-tied Photovoltaic System and Guestroom Occupancy Sensors was provided by the 10th Regional Private Sector Development Programme Direct Assistance Grant Scheme. The views expressed on this website are those of the Villas at Sunset Lane and do not reflect those of the Direct Assistance Grant Scheme.